Skip to content
- 1-2 Rack of Ribs (Baby back are the way to go)
- Rib Rub (Click Here for my rub recipe)
- Yellow Mustard
- Apple Juice
- Liquid Smoke
- BBQ Sauce
- OPTIONAL 1 Red Onion Chopped
- Remove membrane from the back of the ribs.
- Slather ribs in regular mustard (both sides).
- Put rub on ribs, even the back side.
- Roll ribs like a jelly roll and place in slow cooker.
- Add about 3/4 to 1” of apple juice to slow cooker.
- Add optional chopped red onion to center of slow cooker.
- Add 2 squirts of liquid smoke to slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 3 hours or low for 5 (until the meat is pulled off the bone and the bones are more visible and the marrow has boiled out)
- OPTIONAL – Place ribs meat side down on a cookie sheet and carefully extract all the bones but lightly pulling them out and when needed using a knife to cut the back of the ribs to free them.
- Place ribs meat side up on cookie sheet and smother in sauce.
- Place ribs in a 400 degree oven for 10 mins.
- Remove Ribs and add more sauce.
- Repeat steps 10 & 11 3-5 times. (Until sauce has candied the ribs to your liking)